Below you will find USC Regulatory Science Program’s international interactions over the past years.
April: Doctoral students visit Europe
May: Dr. Kuo visits Taiwan
May: Drs. Richmond, Loeb, Kuo, Jamieson, Davies, and Rodgers visit China
- Drug Discovery and Translational Research in Academia; Daryl Davies, Invited International Talk to the Faculty and Students of the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, P.R.China. May 9th, 2014.
- A Novel Therapeutic Treatment for Alcoholism; Daryl Davies, Invited International Talk to the Faculty and Students of Tianjin International Joint Academy of Biomedicine, Tianjin, P.R.China. May 10th, 2014.
- Ensuring the Smooth Translation of Pre Clinical Data from Academia to Industry; Michael Jamieson, talk given at the 6th DIA China Annual Meeting meeting in Shanghai May 11th, 2014.
- My Perspectives on Drug Development as An Academic Sponsor; Kathleen Rodgers, Invited International Talk to the Faculty and Students of the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology, Tianjin University, Tianjin, P.R.China. May 9th, 2014.
- Use of Protective Arm of the Renin Angiotensin System in Regenerative Medicine; Kathleen Rodgers, Invited International Talk to the Faculty and Students of Tianjin International Joint Academy of Biomedicine, Tianjin, P.R.China. May 10th, 2014.
September: Doctoral students visit China, Korea, and Japan
December: Drs. Richmond, Loeb and Kuo visit China
August – January 2012: Hua Zhang arrives as a visiting scholar from Shanghai FDA, China
September – August 2012: Youngho Kim arrives as a visiting scholar from South Korea
September – October: Visit of 2010 doctoral cohort to China, South Korea and Japan
- Click here for photos
- Click here for a listing of student presentations that were given on this trip, as published in the Winter-Spring 2012 USC Pharmacy Magazine
November – December: Educational exchanges with Chinese Pharmaceutical University and China OTC Industry Development Summit
- Recent Trends in FDA Regulation; Frances Richmond, talk to 7th “FangYuan” Forum of the School of the International Pharmaceutical Business
- FDA Regulation of OTC Drugs; Frances Richmond, talk to International Summit of OTC Industry Innovation and Development 2011 Boao Forum
- Design Controls and Risk Management; Gerald Loeb, talk to students at CPU
- The Biosimilar Act of 2009 and its Market Implications; C Benson Kuo, talk to students at CPU
September – December: A list of International Presentations gievn by Dr. Jerry Loeb (Director of Medical Devices Development Facililty, Professor of Biomedical Engineering, USC)
- Life Science Park, Shanghai, China, “Regulation and Management of Medical Device Design,” Sept. 19, 2011.
- Suzhou Institute of Biomedical Engineering (SIBET), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Suzhou, China, “Challenges and Opportunities in Neural Prosthetic Interfaces,” Sept. 22, 2011.
- Shaanxi Qinming, Xian, China, “BION Injectable Neuromuscular Stimulators: Technology and Clinical Applications,” Sept. 23, 2011.
- West China Hospital, Chengdu, China, “Challenges and Opportunities in Neural Prosthetic Interfaces,” Nov. 30, 2011.
- Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai, China, “Challenges and Opportunities in Neural Prosthetic Interfaces,” Dec. 1, 2011.
- Chinese Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing, China, “Regulation and Management of Medical Device Design,” Dec. 4, 2011.
June: Visit of A Tamura, PhD, and Murakami, MS, of the Japanese PMDA, to USC
- Update on Regulatory Policies for Medical Devices in PMDA. __Murakami
October: Educational exchange and celebration of Opening of Yonsei Medical Device Development and Promotion Center
- Regulatory Science: a Key to Medical Device Commercialization, FJR Richmond, talk to students in Yonsei University Biomedical Engineering Program
- Research & Development of Medical Devices in US: Regulatory and Quality Assurance, FJR Richmond, PhD, talk to conference opening YMDDPC
December: Exploration of joint programs with Jiao Tong University and Xuhui Fenglin Life Science Park, Shanghai, China
April/May: Visit of DRSC program to Great Britain, Ireland and Belgium
- Click here for photos
October: Visit of DRSC program to Korea, Japan and China
- Click here for photos
December: Educational visit to Kerala, India
May: International Device Congress, and International Pharma Congress, Participation in preconference shortcourse, Dangerous Documents,
May 26 – 27, 2008, Paris, France:The International Medical Device Compliance And Best Practices Forum
June: Visit by BPGC (Beijing Pharmaceuticals Group China) to USC
- Short-course and educational exchange regarding comparative regulatory activities in the US and China
- FDA Guidelines and Policy, FJR Richmond, PhD
- Current Updates on GMPs, Victoria Qian, PharmD PhD
- ANDA Registration and US Generic Drug Market, Weicheng Wu, PhD
- CROs in China, BPGC
June: Visit of Young HoKim, PhD, to USC to sign MOU between USC and Wonju Medical Industry TechoValley Foundation, Wonju, Republic of Korea
September: Visit to Hangzhou and Shanghai CHINA
- Educational and scientific visits to Newsummit Biopharma and to University of Shanghai for Science and Technology; participation in 12th Healthcare Industry Forum(HIF)
- Update on FDA Regulatory Activities, FJR Richmond, September 26-28, 12th Healthcare Industry Forum(HIF), Hangzhou, China
- Generic Drug Regulations, Weicheng Wu, PhD, MS RegSci, September 26-28, 12th Healthcare Industry Forum(HIF), Hangzhou, China
- Regulation of Medical Devices in the US, GE Loeb, September 26-28, 12th Healthcare Industry Forum(HIF) , Hangzhou, China
October: Visit to Mexico with Doctoral students
November : Short course on Generic Drug Development, preconference to XpoPharm meeting, Nov 6-9, 2008
- One day short course on generic drug development: talks included
- Abbreviated New Drug Applications, Margaret Choy, MS Reg Sci
- Presubmission biological testing of drug products, Frances Richmond, PhD
- 505 (b)2 Regulations in the US , Frances Richmond, PhD
- Drug Master Files for API and chemical firms, Margaret Choy, MS Reg Sci
January: Scientific and educational exchange and clinical trial site visits, Patna, Mumbai, New Delhi, India
August: Meeting of Association of Pacific Rim Universities, Distance Learning initiative
- Web-based multimedia methods to deliver lectures transnationally in Regulatory Science: usage patterns and challenges, FJR Richmond, PhD, and A Garg, MS RegSci, MS Computer Science
September: China Life Science Summit, Beijing, China
- New Regulations for Dietary Supplements in the US, FJR Richmond, Beijing, China
December: Visit to HSA and Tuas Biomedical Park, Singapore
Click here for a list of Dr. Roger Clemens International Presentations (Regulatory Science Faculty)