We’re very pleased that you wish to study with us at the USC Department of Regulatory Science at the School of Pharmacy. Please review the following steps in order to submit your application. Any questions can be directed to Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Eligibility Requirements
- Earned bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- GRE scores of 144 Quantitative and 153 Verbal (new exam).
- International students only: TOEFL (minimum 100) or IELTS (minimum 7).
Applications are accepted for admission for the fall, spring and summer terms.
Deadlines for domestic students applying to our Master’s programs are as follows:
- Fall term application materials are due February 1st for priority review, June 1st final deadline
- Spring term application materials are due June 1st priority review, October 1st final deadline
- Summer term application materials are due October 1st priority review, February 1st final deadline
Due to recent changes in the United States, deadlines for international students have been updated. The deadlines for applying to our Master’s programs are as follows:
- Fall term application materials are due February 1st* (For Fall 2017 applicants we will accept applications until May 1)
- Spring term application materials are due June 1st
- Summer term application materials are due October 1st
*The fall term is the preferred term for international students to apply due to the availability of University orientation services offered for incoming international students at this time. International students are required to apply by priority dates to ensure processing of visa requirements.
How to Apply
1. Carefully review the Graduate School Admission website.
3. When completing the application, enter the following:
Term: Select the semester and year for which you are applying
School: USC School of Pharmacy
- MS in Regulatory Science: Post Code 1152
- MS in Management of Drug Development: Post Code 1457
- MS in Medical Product Quality (starting Spring 2016): Post Code 1608
4. Distance/Onsite: students living within 50 miles of USC’s Health Sciences Campus are considered onsite.
5. GRE and TOEFL scores. Please have official test scores sent to USC directly: Institution Code: 4852. For IELTS, select USC Graduate School.
6. Upload a personal statement; one page, single-spaced, 12 point font, one-inch margins. Your statement can answer questions such as “Why do you want to pursue this program? What attributes do you have that distinguish you as a good candidate?”
7. If you have unofficial copies of final transcripts, you may upload them. However, official transcripts must be received in order to finalize admissions decisions.
8. Official Transcripts in Sealed Envelopes from ALL undergraduate and graduate institutions should be sent to:
University of Southern California
USC Office of Graduate Admission
3601 South Flower Street, Room 112
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0915
IMPORTANT: If the language of instruction at your institution was not English, then you must provide:
- Original-language copies of all transcripts and diplomas/academic certificates.
- A separate, word-for-word, English-language translation of all academic records you submit to us. The translation should either come directly from the school itself or a professional, certified translator. It must contain all information shown on the original-language documents and “mirror” them as precisely as possible. Dual-language transcripts are acceptable.
Please note that USC does not accept or recognize credential evaluation reports from outside agencies for purposes of admissions review.
9. At least two letters of recommendation must accompany your application. The recommender will receive an email from Liasion to create an account so that they can complete the recommendation form and upload a letter of recommendation. Letters are typically written by the applicant’s supervisors or professors.
10. A resume/curriculum vitae is required.
11. The application fee of $90 (mandatory). The Regulatory Science program does not administer the online application system and cannot waive the fee. Please direct your inquiry to the Office of Graduate Admission.
12. DO NOT fill out a supplemental application under the School of Pharmacy (this is not necessary for our application process).
13. International applicants: please read the following important information on applying to our MS program by clicking here
For more information, please contact our Program Specialists at 323-442-3102 or email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application!